Elements of Custom picture frame design
What are the elements that go into a beautiful, effective and unique frame design?
There are literally thousands of matting and framing options to explore:
- do we add a fillet to the mat, or to the frame.
- Do we use fabrics, such as linen, silk, suede or a multitude of other choices.
- What is the mood we want to capture: modern, contemporary, traditional, Victorian, or eclectic.
- A romantic piece such as a wedding or engagement photo may suggest silks, golds and silvers with a fillet inside the mat.
- A funny, funky piece of art may call for framing that is not the "normal" and require thinking outside the box with multiple moldings, mixed mats and whatever it takes to make the piece (not just the frame or just the art) look fabulous.
Come in with your art and your ideas. Between us we will create your masterpiece.
Other pages to explore are:
- Elements - Beyond the Basics: a brief synopsis of the more decorative elements available
- Elements - Neutral Framing: Some thoughts on what makes the design neutral
- Elements of Art Protection: matting-preservation and it's uses. Mounting covers the basics of mounts and glazing includes a brief description of the types and uses of glass, acrylic and other glazing materials
- Elements - Mats: covers conservation/preservation matting and some technical information
- Elements - Canvas and Needlework: some of framing techniques and information to make the right choices.
- Elements - Memorabilia and Memory Box Framing: thoughts, considerations and some samples.